Saturday, August 21, 2010

Would humans commit more evil acts if there wasn't a god or a religion? Is religion a form of human control?

No, society would be more peaceful and moral.Would humans commit more evil acts if there wasn't a god or a religion? Is religion a form of human control?
I don't believe humans would commit more crimes if there was no religion; it's evident that religion does not stop people from committing evil acts. A case in point is priests who commit pedophilia, or religious people who attack abortion clinic workers in the name of their religion.





Religion is a form of control.Would humans commit more evil acts if there wasn't a god or a religion? Is religion a form of human control?
Since a lot of evil acts are done in the name of religion or of God, I'd say no, it'd probably be the same. They'd just have to find a new reason.





And religion can certainly be used as a form of human control, but it is not only that, of course.





A lot of dogma about religion actually seem to have been enacted by the powerful and the wealthy to control the poor, suffering masses.
I suppose you discount conscience then if you posit the non-existence of God and think that means all morality would ipso facto disappear.





But isn't conscience prior to God in the human experience. It certainly is. One knows oneself as having done wrong things or right things and THEN makes the leap to the Face Behind Conscience.





Questions like yours make me cringe because I KNOW that you have never read Plato or Aristotle and thus your education has been one of odious neglect.





Sad ! Very Sad !!
Yes, I believe religion is a good idea for making people have self guided self control. I also believe that religion is marketing too. I do happen to believe in a god, and jesus, but do i know they are there? No. I really don't think they are. I'm either blind or their help isn't very good. Because everyone around me keeps on dying. in he past thirteen years about six or seven of my relatives died. Sad isn't it?


Maybe it would be intresting to conduct an expieriment...
The fundamental purpose of religion is to preserve the human identity as we have evolved to understand it. So of course religion is a form of human control
I think it would happen anyway. God is just a rallying cry to get people brave enough to fight over resources.
Only for a small minded person who likes slogans.
no they would commit the same number they do now
nope








yep











miss ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment