Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is entertainment a form of thought control?

If you think about it, TV, radio, movies, internet, music, even alcohol etc.. while the minority of it is beneficial for our knowledge and experience. The majority of it is meant to keep our minds ';entertained'; so we cannot think. If you are watching your television, you are basically incapacitating your mind to be filled with pointless thoughts. The content isn't necessarily the basis of thought control, it is the actual process of viewing it.Is entertainment a form of thought control?
Mmm I'd have to disagree. What about the dozens of channels on TV that present factual information, such as the Discovery Channel? I've learned a LOT from watching that show, and most of it is presented in such a cool manner that even teenagers enjoy watching it.





I don't listen to the radio but I do listen to music often, every day, and I'm always searching for more. I'd definitely have to disagree there. Music (or at least, good music) ought to make you think, whether it's pondering the complexity (or simplicity) of the music itself, interpreting the lyrics, or considering the vocals (or even the band/musicians). I have found out so much information from looking up music. I'd have never become interested about other countries if I hadn't begun listening to music from outside of the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. Now I am going to school to study foreign cultures/languages.





I can honestly say that I have learned just as much from the Internet as I have from my public school education. It might just mean that I'm one of the few who takes the initiative to learn new things outside of school - BUT, it's all right here on the Internet. Just a few quick strokes of the keyboard and you have endless information at your disposal.





Alcohol is quite different from music or the Internet, and I agree with you there.





By your logic, anything that could possibly take you away from the everyday world (which includes books) distracts you and makes it so you don't think. I don't think that's true. There are so many times I have sat there and wondered about the meaning of a particular song, or the motives of a character in a movie (and whether or not I would do the same as they did if faced with a similar situation), or whatever. I honestly think I am a more intelligent person thanks to the Internet and music.Is entertainment a form of thought control?
no!!





What's with this crap? these stupid conspiracies. The media in America isn't state run, not since the 50's. In fact, it doesn't like the state. You loony anarchists are just as paranoid as the Coulterians.





Also, if it was stete run, i doubt Michael Moore would have ever gotten famous. That right there proves that it's just ******* entertainment.





What, are we going to stare at walls and play with mud.








Get over it, ya stupid bastards. Stop trying!
yes b/c most ppl usually imitate everything they see off movies,tv ,etc b/c they don't think on their own they need to be told what to do
  • eye makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment