Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Which form of birth control doesn't cause depression ?

I've always used the pill and I feel it causes me to become depressed. I've even tried Yaz and that doesn't make a difference. I'm thinking of trying different methods but would like opinions from others first.





I've put this in this section because I need advice from women not the teens who hang out in women's health.





-ThanksWhich form of birth control doesn't cause depression ?
ask your doctor which one to switch to





im with you on the depression, i ddint relaize it till i went off BC when my husband and i started trying for a baby, but BC mad me insane, i just thought thats hows i was cuz i was on BC for long, but i had wicked mood swings, and i would get so weepy for no reason, since ive gone off im a much more stable person thats for sure, i was on ortho tri cyclen





my husband actaully pointed out to me how much calmer and better id been since stopping birth control and that was when i realized he was right and it made my emotions go nuts!





definately tell your doctor whats happening and see what he recommends





good luck and let us know what he suggests, because after i finally do get pregnant and have a baby i dont want ot get all crazy on BC again!Which form of birth control doesn't cause depression ?
Ok, so let me get this straight. You are married. You are on a birth control pill that you feel is the cause of your depression. So basically, you would rather risk your health, than find alternate methods, non-drug methods, of not getting pregnant.





Is there really anything wrong with using the traditional method of preventing pregnancy in a marriage. Ok, so you can't do it whenever you want. But really is it worth the risk to your health, just so you don't get pregnant?
None of the birth control I was ever on from: Yasmin, the patch, to Depo, to Loestrin, ever made me depressed. If it has hormones, as the pill does, it may do that to u.





U could try Depo (the shot), NuvaRing, Mirena or Paraguard (IUD---if u want it from 5-10 yrs), or the patch (I didn't like it).
I was on regular Yasmin, not Yaz and it was the best birth control I've used. Maybe try that one? Or perhaps are you depressed in general, not related to birth control? Try talking to both your Gyno and Reg Dr. and see what they say. Best of luck!
It may not be the pill causing your depression. I would speak with your doctor, if you haven't already done so, and ask what else you can use. If not you may just have depression and need to treat it accordingly.
I had exactly the opposite effect. It has helped me avoid the mood swings of a normal cycle. The one that affected me the least was loestrin 24, the most was the patch and depo.
Abstinence








Eat Funyuns.
You could consider having a coil implant.
I know the question is for women, but I am firmly convinced that abstinence is a good form of birth control that doesnt cause depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment