Friday, August 6, 2010

I just started mirena do I need another form of birth control?

I have been on Mirena since 2005. My fiance and I have (not to be so point blank but,) alot of sex. I have not gotten pregnant while on this birth control. We dont use any other form of birth control nor does he pull out.


I must say this though, my aunt has tried her whole life to get pregnant and was never able to. She got put on the mirena ';just in case'; since she is now in her 40's and in a serious relationship... well, she was pregnant within the first 30 days of having the Mirena. Everyone is different. I would say that generally, you should be ok just having the mirena, but like any birth control, nothing is 100 percent for sure effective.I just started mirena do I need another form of birth control?
I had the mirena two years ago but only for six months I had problems with it. When I got mine inserted the doctor said not to have anything at all in the vagina for 72 hours so that it can implant. So if you are spotting wear a pad and no sex for 72 hours and after that you do not have to have a backup plan.


Good luck hope the mirena works for you.I just started mirena do I need another form of birth control?
Ah! Please read your information packet. You should be using another form of birth control such as condoms for a few months. It takes THREE (yes, three) months to become regulated in your system.





A friend of my got pregnant after being on the pill for a month because she didn't know she had to wait 3 months.
Hi, I just started it too!! My doctor told me to wait a week before having intercourse, then we need to use condoms for a short while. I don't remember how long exactly, you could ask your doctor, or maybe someone who knows. Then after that you don't really need to use anything, if you are already in a monogamous relationship.
I am supposed to get it tomorrow and the Dr had said once it is in, I am good to go. I would ask to make sure though......just to be on the safe side!





Did you have to be on your period? They told me I should be......
I would say also use condoms just to be on the safe side but thats up to you.
Yeah, use condoms for atleast a month. Then after that, you won't need them.
  • chemical face peel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment