Friday, August 6, 2010

What's the best form of birth control?

I am on the depo and have an appt. today and I don't want to get it anymore because it makes me gain weight what should I do?What's the best form of birth control?
Hah, I knew a bunch of people were going to say ';celibacy'; or ';abstinence.'; Yeah right. Well, I've tried several things over the years and my favorite by far is the IUD (Intro-Uterine Device.) It lasts for 5 years, you don't have to do anything at all in that time, there are no hormonal side-effects (this was a big problem for me with the Pill and Depo) and therefore no weight gain. It's expensive, but no more so than something else considering the time period, but it's just paid all at once so it's a chunk. Anyway, hope you try it... and whatever you dacide, best of luck to you.What's the best form of birth control?
the iud without hormones
well since you're not going to abstain...probably the IUD...it'll probably hurt to put it in..but it lasts for years...
Well, as other people have said, abstinence is the only surefire thing...but, as a married woman who is definitely NOT planning on being abstinent :) we use condoms because they don't screw with your system like everything else. We use the trojan ultra-thin spermicidal ones and have never had one break in two and a half years of marital fun. I can't take anything that messes with your hormones because they give me migraines.
depo sucks and it can take too long to clear your system.





Mirena
ABSTINENCE!!
personally i like condoms best





I've done Depo and pills and i cant use the ring or an IUD so i havent done those but out of everything I prefer condoms
I'm not even gonna look at any of the answer cuz I have a feeling we are all gonna answer this one the same.....





DON';T HAVE SEX AT ALL!!!!





Be very open with u'r doctor and tell him u have decided u don't wish to use depo anymore. Not having sex is the best form of birth control, using a condom %26amp; maybe foam, an IUD is good for five years, but, again using a condom.


I'm 35 and just had twin boys; I also have a 7 yr old boy too...I'm just not having sex anymore (I'm now a singlemom) but, I do have an IUD..just incase their is a little fun in the future ;)
There is no foolproof way of birth control but abstinence. :)
Quite honestly aside from condoms, they all suck and screw up your system.
abstinence
IUD!! It's the next best thing to being sterilized. Virtually no side effects and if you do have any they are very mild.
you could try no sex that would work lol only joking condoms or maybe the marina coil is really good as soon as its in your infertile and if you want a baby doc takes it out in about 3 sec and hay presto your fertile instantly and the good thing about the marina to anyother coil is it isnt made of copper so you dont react to it hope this helps you tc xx
seperate houses !!
Well of course no sex is all that is 100% sure but my gosh get real whose going to do that. I use the nuva ring and love it. You place it inside and leave it there for 3 weeks. If placed correctly then you don't even feel it or your partner can't feel it during sex. Then you take it out for a week and then place a new one back in. I love it and it hasn't made me gain weight at all. I would look into it. I couldn't remember to take the pill so this works great.
no sexxxxxxxx.
not having sex...





But seriously, some women just have a hard time with Birth Control. In fact, to the point that I am not going to be taking it anymore. I never did find one that worked great for me.





One that I tell people to stay away from is the NuvaRing, becasue It actually made me have cramps that I likened to Birth cramps. Awful.


http://www.nuvaring.com/Consumer/index.a…





I have heard a lot of great things about these 5year implants, and they can be be taken out earlier... but, they HURT like Hell when they put them in. You Doc would know if it's a good option.


http://www.mirena-us.com/freedomofmirena…


http://www.paragard.com/paragard/index.p…





And to me, pills are too easy to accidentally forget, so I hated those.





I'd recommend researching the options you have available to you and going to your doc with a list, and ask him which he or she would reccomend. It can't hurt.


http://www.essure.com/Home/tabid/36/ctl/…





Hope it Helps.
celibacy





no seriously, get condoms, and some spermicide. they also sell these things you can insert in there and throw away later... if all else fails, there is the next morning pill, or after hours pill? I can't remember. I am sorry honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment